Vegan Cream Of Celery SoupFrom vvskgn 6 years ago
- 6 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (for later) shopping list
- 1 carrot coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot finely chopped(for later) shopping list
- 1 tbl.sp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 red potatoes, chopped, don't remove the skin, please! shopping list
- 5 cups Veggie broth shopping list
- 1 & 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbl. sp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Cup finely chopped white onions shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onions(for later) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp celery seed shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 cup Soy milk or Mimic creme(made with cashew & almond, Yummy!) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder shopping list
- 2 tbl.sp chopped olives shopping list
- 2 Bay leaves- to be removed later shopping list
- Garnish it w/ flat leaf parsley or the celery tops shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a wide stock pot, add oil and heat it up.
- 2. Add Bay leaves, garlic, saute for a few sec, then add celery seeds, coarsely chopped celery, onion, carrots & potatoes.
- 3. Season them with salt and pepper. Cook well.
- 4. Once cooked, add half of the stock and let it boil.
- 5. Take it out of heat and cool for a few mins.
- 6. Once, it cools down a bit, take out the bay leaves and blend it with a hand blender and keep it aside.
- 7. Take another pan, heat it up, add a little bit of Oil and add finely chopped celery, carrots & onion, in that order and seasoning them one by one.
- 8. Put the cooked veggies to the pureed mixture, and put it back on the stove.
- 9. Add the soy milk.
- 10. Check the consistency, if you want it more liquidy, add some more stock.
- 11. Bring it to a boil.
- 12. Check for seasoning, add more if needed.
- 12. Garnish & Serve hot
- NOTE: Mimic creme is a Beautiful, Healthy, Vegan and Kosher product which I came across in a Restaurant convention. I like it so much, I buy it online. They have unsweetened, sugar free & sweetened. The sweetened version can be a guilt free dessert all by itself. Its that good. East coast friends may be lucky enough to find it in their neighborhood stores.
The Cookvvskgn Foster City, CA
The Rating3 people
Got my 5...Thanks!jemison in Huntersville loved it
Health Food Junkies422 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
AntiFaux Cuisine14 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Vegetarian 4 Carnivores46 members
Simple Vegan169 members
Organic And Natural148 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Eat Enjoy Your Veggies51 members