Four Bean SaladFrom pat2me 7 years ago
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) cut green beans shopping list
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) cut wax beans shopping list
- 1 can ( 15 to 16 oz.) kidney beans shopping list
- 1 can (8 ¾ oz.) garbanzo beans ( I substitute butter beans) shopping list
- 1 C thinly sliced purple onion rings, cut in half shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- ½ C sugar (or a very scant 1/2 cup of Splenda) shopping list
- 2/3 C vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 C oil shopping list
- 1/2/ t salt shopping list
- ½ t pepper shopping list
- 2 T bacon bits shopping list
How to make it
- Mix drained and rinsed beans, onion,bell pepper and parsley in non-metal bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients except bacon bits in saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Pour over bean mixture; toss.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours, no longer than 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Make the night before…perfect.
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating5 people
Yummy! Excellent addition to my bean options. Thank you!tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
This is exactly the same dressing that I put on my bean salad-I even substitute the Splenda for the sugar! This salad is delicious and it's so colourful too. I haven't used the bacon bits but they sound like a great addition. I use red pepper instea...moretoleliz in Burlington loved it
This looks great. Thank you!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!