Whole Wheat Blueberry BarsFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter -- softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 cups blueberries -- picked clean shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with pan spray.
- 2.Stir together 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, baking powder, soda & salt; set aside. In mixer beat together brown sugar, butter, oil, egg & vanilla until smooth, making sure no lumps of brown sugar remain. Add the dry ingredients & stir until well- blended; the mixture will be firm. Reserve 1/2 cup (packed) for topping.
- 3.Place remaining dough in pan & cover with a piece of plastic wrap & use it to press dough into the bottom of prepared pan. Remove plastic wrap; bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until puffed & golden.
- 4.Using fingertips, gradually mix remaining 3 tablespoons flour into reserved 1/2 cup of topping until it gets crumbly. Set aside.
- 5.Combine sugar, all-purpose flour & zest; set aside. Combine blueberries & lemon juice in saucepan; cook stirring over medium heat until berries begin to exude juice. Add sugar mixture & stir until the filling reaches a simmer & thickens.
- 6.With a wooden spoon, push down the higher outside edges of the baked crust; pour hot filling over it & spread all the way to the sides of the dish. Spinkle with topping. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden.
- 7.Transfer to a rack & let cool, covered with a kitchen towel to soften crumbs slightly. Cut into 24 bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar & serve.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
I love blueberrys and anything made with ww flour. Im going to try these as soon as I have time! Thanks for sharing!! Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it
I just made these today and let me tell you they are soooo good. I was a little worried when I started pushing the dough around the bottom of the pan..I can see why the plastic comes in handy! I will make these again!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!