TiramisuFrom s01105 6 years ago
- Cream Filling: shopping list
- 2 cups milk, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 6 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tbsp dark rum shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone shopping list
- Ladyfingers: shopping list
- 32 crisp ladyfingers shopping list
- coffee Soaking Syrup: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups very strong brewed coffee or espresso shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark rum shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- cocoa powder for Garnishing shopping list
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Cream Topping: In a medium sized saucepan heat 1 3/4 cups milk and 1/2 cup sugar just until boiling. Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar, flour, and egg yolks. When the milk comes to a boil, gradually whisk it into the egg yolk mixture. Transfer this mixture into another clean large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil. When it boils, continue to whisk the mixture constantly for another minute or so or until it thickens. Remove from heat and strain into a large bowl. (This will remove any lumps that may have formed.) Whisk in the rum, vanilla extract, and butter. Immediately cover the surface of the custard with plastic wrap to prevent a crust from forming. Refrigerate until cold, approximately two hours.
- Once the custard has cooled sufficiently, remove from the refrigerator. In a separate bowl, with a wooden spoon, beat the mascarpone cheese until it is soft and smooth. Gently fold, or whisk, the mascarpone into the cold custard until smooth.
- Coffee Soaking Syrup: In a large shallow bowl combine the coffee (, sugar, and rum. Taste and add more sugar if you like. Set aside.
- To Assemble: Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic wrap extends over the sides of the loaf pan.
- Have ready the ladyfingers, coffee mixture, and cream filling.
- Working with one ladyfinger at a time, dip 8 ladyfingers in the coffee mixture and place them side by side in a single layer over the bottom of the loaf pan. Spoon 1/3 of the cream filling over the ladyfingers, making sure they are completely covered. Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers by dipping them (8) ladyfingers in the coffee mixture and placing them on top of the cream. Again, cover the ladyfingers with cream and repeat with another layer of ladyfingers, cream, and ladyfingers. Cover the Tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- To Serve: Remove the plastic wrap from the top of the tiramisu. Gently invert the Tiramisu from the loaf pan onto your serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Sift cocoa powder over the top of the Tiramisu and decorate with grated or chopped semisweet chocolate
The Cooks01105 Las Pinas, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!