Caramel Apple Oat SquaresFrom henrie 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 20 caramels, unwrapped shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) shopping list
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Reserving 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- 2. Add nuts to reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with EAGLE BRAND®, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon apple filling over prepared crust; top with caramel mixture, then reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with ice cream. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.