Stuffed Brandied Baby SquidFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
- 2 pounds small squids (about 16 pieces) fresh or frozen, thawed shopping list
- 1 leek, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 can (about 1 cup) crab meat, chopped shopping list
- ½ cup light cream shopping list
- 4 Tbsp brandy shopping list
- 4 Tbsp bread crumbs, divided shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- ¼ cup extra virgin spanish olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- Wash thoroughly squids, pat dry and reserve. Chop legs.
- In a wide skillet cook leek and garlic in the 1/4 cup olive oil on medium heat until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add chopped legs and mix well. Cook 5 more minutes. Add crab meat, light cream and brandy stirring constantly until alcohol is evaporated, 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle 3 Tbsp bread crumbs over the mixture in skillet and mix until well combined.
- Turn heat off and then add chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff raw prepared squids with the mixture.
- Arrange stuffed squids on a lightly greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle squids with the reserved tablespoon of bread crumbs and pour 2 Tbsp olive oil on top.
- Cook in preheated 375ºF oven until squids are done but tender and top is nicely brown (about 15 minutes). Do not overcook or squids will shrink and turn tough and dry.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating2 people
Hi Inmaculada! I love this recipe and can hardly wait to try it. I can't find baby sqid here in Canada-maybe in Toronto but I did find baby cuttlefish-I think that would be ok, what do you think? I am looking forward to making them next weekend. ...moretoleliz in Burlington loved it
This is the best squid recipe posted so far, including mine which was handed down through through generations.trigger in loved it