Carrot Cake AnythingFrom ashleythm 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups grated raw carrot (about 2-3 peeled carrots) shopping list
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup coconut (sweetened or unsweetened) shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup safflower or canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Toast the pecans or walnuts for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots and apple. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Stir in the nuts and coconut. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Fold the wet ingredients, along with the grated carrot and apple, into the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Evenly divide the batter between the prepared baking vessel.
- Standard muffins 20-25 minutes, mini muffins 12-14 minutes, mini loves 30-45minutes, regular sized loaf 1 hour 15 min... or until tooth pick come out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. After about 10 minutes remove the muffins from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Check out my cream cheese frosting for a frosting that goes beautifully with these guys