Orange Chiffon CakeFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 7 egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 teaspoon orange zest shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 7 egg whites; whipped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 recipe orange butter Cream Frosting; *See Recipe shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix flour, sugar baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and add in order: vegetable oil, egg yolks, water, orange zest and vanilla extract. Beat with a spoon until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the flour-egg yolk mixture gradually over the beaten egg white and gently fold the two mixtures together to form the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into an ungreased, 10x4-inch tube pan,
- Bake for about 1-1/4 hours in a 325°F oven until the top of the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert the cake pan and allow the cake to hang while cooling down.
- When the cake is cold remove from the pan and frost with the Orange Butter Cream Frosting.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!