Poppy Seed Poundcake MuffinsFrom debra47 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl, stir together flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in yogurt and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture until moistened thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating4 people
These Muffins were very good and I shall be interested to taste them with Lemon as well, as this is a weakness of mine. Cheers Debbie and thanks. Have a wonderful Anniversary.magpieno6 in Fleetwood, Fylde. G.B. loved it
These sound yummy! I was wondering if maybe lemon curd might be a better choice? When I make bread pudding I sometimes put lemon curd on the last 20 min. of baking. Just a thought.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
For me I think the Lemon Curd would make it too sweet as I personally like the acidness of the fresh Lemon. But, of course, that is just a personal taste. I have always been addicted to the tangyness of citrus fruits.magpieno6 in Fleetwood, Fylde. G.B. loved it