Wild Rice Pilaf With Pecans And CranberriesFrom borinda 9 years ago
- kosher salt as needed shopping list
- 1/2 cup wild rice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil + more as needed shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 small sprig thyme shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. currants shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dried cherries or unsweetened cranberries shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup very hot water shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup roasted pecans, chopped shopping list
- chopped parsley (optional garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot of well-salted boiling water, cook the wild rice until it is al dente but the grains are not split, about 20-30 minutes depending on the brand.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot with snug lid over medium heat add 2 Tbsp oil.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent and then add the garlic.
- Continue to cook until the garlic starts to turn golden.
- Add the jasmine rice and more oil, if needed, to prevent burning, and cook and stir occasionally until the rice becomes translucent.
- Add the white wine and cook until it is absorbed.
- Add the wild rice to the pan along with the thyme sprig, dried fruit, salt to taste, and hot water.
- Bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat to low - cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- Then remove the thyme sprig, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Turn into a serving bowl and garnish with the nuts and chopped parsley.