Summer Squash and Rice SaladFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 5 assorted small summer squash dice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 yellow onion diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups steamed rice cooled to room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- Chopped lettuce leaves as needed shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan over high heat warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Add one-third each of the squash and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sauté stirring often until lightly browned and slightly soft then transfer to a bowl.
- Cook remaining squash in 2 batches in the same way using 2 tablespoons oil with each batch.
- Let the squashes cool.
- In the same frying pan heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until lightly golden.
- Stir in the garlic and cook briefly.
- Add the cumin then reduce heat to low and sauté for 2 minutes longer.
- Add to the bowl holding the squash then add vinegar, rice and parsley and toss to mix well.
- To serve line individual plates with lettuce leaves and spoon the salad on top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!