Chicken with Sauerkraut Fillingslow cookerFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 24 ounces of sauerkraut, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 fuji apples, peeled and chopped (or a Rome apple would work) We love Fuji's shopping list
- 1/2 cup of raisins shopping list
- 1 can of water chestnuts, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup of apple juice shopping list
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts/or 6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- salt and pepper. shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut.
- Layer kraut, onions, apples, raisins, water chestnuts in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with caraway, poultry seasoning and brown sugar . Tuck bay leaf in the kraut.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper lightly.
- Layer on top of the kraut mixture.
- Pour the apple juice and broth around the chicken
- cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or mashed rutabagas.
- Can add 1/2 cup of white wine and 1/2 cup of apple juice for a more savory flavor
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
I love chicken and I love sauerkraut so this is sure to be a hit with our family. I have never combined the two but it looks gooooooood! Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
We love Fuji's, sauerkraut and chicken. This recipe sounds unusually wonderful. I'm going to make it this week! Can't wait.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Hi Notyourmomma. I wanted to let you know I made this today and it was wonderful. I had two helpings and I'm quite stuffed! The aroma throughout the day as it cooked was very appetizing. I couldn't wait to eat! The sauerkraut, raisins, fuji appl...morechihuahua in Sonoma County loved it