Slow Cooker Pesto Spinach LasagnaFrom annacg 8 years ago
- 4 cups torn spinach shopping list
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup provolone cheese shopping list
- 15 oz ricotta cheese, part skim milk shopping list
- 1 large egg -- lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese -- divided shopping list
- 8 ounces tomato sauce shopping list
- 9 ounces lasagna noodle -- 12 noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange the spinach in a vegetable steamer; steam, covered, 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Drain, squeeze dry, and coarsely chop. Combine spinach, mushrooms, and pesto in a medium bowl, stirring to combine; set aside.
- Combine mozzarella, provolone, ricotta, and beaten egg in a medium bowl, stirring well to combine. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan, and set aside. Combine the pasta sauce and the tomato sauce in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce mixture in the bottom of a 6-quart oval electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over pasta sauce mixture; top with 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup spinach mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with spinach mixture. Arrange 3 noodles over spinach mixture; top with remaining 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup pasta sauce mixture. Place remaining 3 noodles over sauce mixture; spread remaining sauce mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Cover with lid; cook on LOW 5 hours or until done.
- 8 servings
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookannacg Austin, TX
The Rating3 people
Very nice, love the slow cooker recipe. Nicely done.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Delicious! Maybe it's just me, but the recipe seems from the instructions like it's missing an ingredient...the "Pasta Sauce". Anyway, I added a jar of Clasico pasta sauce and it worked out swimmingly!
Also, if you're running short on time...morehal200 in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!