Glorified CabbageFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded( or you can use a bag and a half of pre-shredded cabbage, like the coleslaw mix) shopping list
- 1 large onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, cut into crosswise slices about 1/8-inch thick shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablesoons vetetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, optional shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Heat butter and oil in large saucepan. Add onions, green pepper and celery. Saute 5 minutes over low heat. Add cabbage and garlic. Cook covered, over low heat for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir in cream.
- Mix bread crumbs, if used with 1/2 cup of the cheese and the parley. Set aside.
- Add remaining cheese to cabbage mixture. Stir in salt and black pepper. Turn into 1 1/2-quart buttered shallow casserole. Top with crumb-cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden and crisp.