Dutch Oven Peach CobblerFrom sallyjo 9 years ago
- 2 (16-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy or light syrup, or in fruit juice, your choice shopping list
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup baking mix (recommended: Bisquick) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- ground cinnamon shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon; store in an empty spice shaker jar; shake well before each use) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray
- Drain 1 can of the peaches. Combine both cans of peaches, including the juice from the undrained can, the blueberries, if using, the baking mix, sugar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place this mixture into the Dutch oven.
- To make the topping: Combine the biscuit mix, sugar, butter, and milk in a resealable plastic bag. Drop bits of dough, using your fingers, on top of the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place the Dutch oven into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crusty.
The Cooksallyjo Decatur, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!