Buffalo Chicken WingsFrom debra47 6 years ago
- 24 chicken wings (about 4 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 6 cups of cold water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cayenne shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or fresh minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce shopping list
- 1 quart vegetable oil shopping list
- celery sticks shopping list
- blue cheese dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off and discard the small wing tip from each wing.
- Then cut the remainder of the wing into 2 pieces.
- Mix salt, sugar, and water in a large bowl and submerge wings for 20 minutes.
- Remove wings from water.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Combine paprika, cayenne, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and put in a large bowl.
- Add wings and turn them, using a large spoon.
- Thoroughly coat them with the spices.
- Melt butter and margarine in a small saucepan.
- Add hot sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry all the pieces that resemble small drumsticks together for about 11 minutes.
- They should be golden brown.
- Flatter looking pieces should take about 10 minutes to fry.
- Remove wings and drain on paper towels.
- Place all the wings together in a bowl and pour the butter mixture over them.
- Turn the wings in the sauce.
- Remove wings to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
People Who Like This Dish 36
- housewifeintraining Minneapolis, MN
- bookworm1994 Nowhere, Us
- goodcookerUK Southeast, UK
- lecuivre40 Nowhere, Us
- snoopywoodstock_72 Nowhere, Us
- justlikemikey Nowhere, Us
- niceboy_alpha Mumbai, India
- rhemmings212 Nowhere, Us
- coolface22 Nowhere, Us
- guatila Nowhere, Us
- Plus 26 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating6 people
I have been looking for a great wings recipe...this is just the thing! Thanks...The Superbowl is coming soon!suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
Sounds good, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
these r so guddnatavia in Jefferson City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!