Buffalo Chicken WingsFrom debra47 9 years ago
- 24 chicken wings (about 4 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 6 cups of cold water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cayenne shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or fresh minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce shopping list
- 1 quart vegetable oil shopping list
- celery sticks shopping list
- blue cheese dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off and discard the small wing tip from each wing.
- Then cut the remainder of the wing into 2 pieces.
- Mix salt, sugar, and water in a large bowl and submerge wings for 20 minutes.
- Remove wings from water.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Combine paprika, cayenne, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and put in a large bowl.
- Add wings and turn them, using a large spoon.
- Thoroughly coat them with the spices.
- Melt butter and margarine in a small saucepan.
- Add hot sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry all the pieces that resemble small drumsticks together for about 11 minutes.
- They should be golden brown.
- Flatter looking pieces should take about 10 minutes to fry.
- Remove wings and drain on paper towels.
- Place all the wings together in a bowl and pour the butter mixture over them.
- Turn the wings in the sauce.
- Remove wings to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
People Who Like This Dish 39
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating7 people
I have been looking for a great wings recipe...this is just the thing! Thanks...The Superbowl is coming soon!suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
Sounds good, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
best wings ever!! i skipped some steps and just added all the ingredients together. used a little bit more of some of the ingredients. oven for 20 minutes. then tossed them in the butter hot sauce mix. they were so delicious!! my husband said that th...morehousewifeintraining in Minneapolis loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!