Corn BeerFrom chef2 6 years ago
How to make it
- Roast corn in a moderately heated oven until the corn is a light brown
- color. Grind the corn (coarse) and place in a large heavy crock. Add all
- the water, citrus peel, canela, and piloncillo. Cover and let the
- mixture ferment. Fermentation will take about 8 to 9 days during cool
- weather or 4 to 5 days in warm weather. Strain through a cheesecloth,
- call your closest friends, and drink right away.
- - note: "The old Apache recipe calls for soaking corn and sprouting it
- until the seedlings are 1/2 inch long, grinding the sprouts, and boiling
- them. The resulting mash was then sweetened with mesquite flour or
- saguaro syrup and allowed to ferment in a brewing jar that was never
- washed so as to retain the organisms for fermentation. The finished
- product had to be drunk within a few hours after it was prepared or the
- alcohol became acetic acid, giving the beverage a sour taste."
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!