Easy FlanFrom tuilelaith 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- You will need 6 ramekins or other specialty flan cook ware and a large baking pan to put them in.
- Pour 1 cup sugar in warm pan over medium heat.
- Constantly stir sugar until is browns and becomes caramel.
- Quickly pour approximately 2-3 tablespoons of caramel in each ramekin, tilting it to swirl the caramel around the sides.
- Reheat caramel if it starts to harden.
- In a mixer or with a whisk, blend the eggs together.
- Mix in the milks then slowly mix in the 1/2 cup of sugar, then the vanilla.
- Blend smooth after each ingredient is added.
- Pour custard into caramel lined ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a large glass or ceramic baking dish and fill with about 1-2 inches of hot water.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the water bath and check with a knife just to the side of the center.
- If knife comes out clean, it's ready.
- Remove and let cool.
- Let each ramekin cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Invert each ramekin onto a small plate, the caramel sauce will flow over the custard.
People Who Like This Dish 30
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- 1lousycook Nowhere, Us
- debbiesuer Pueblo, CO
- fattening_up South San Francisco, CA
- Joker6883 Nowhere, Us
- sanathar Nowhere, Us
- love2cookmb Morris Plains, NJ
- sabrinarose Saratoga, CA
- jolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
- joannalondon Westwood, CA
- Plus 20 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating4 people
I LOVE FLAN!!!!!! Thanks for the recipe-it does seem less involved than some-but still sound delicioius!toleliz in Burlington loved it
I made this recipe last week and it was great! There is one major flaw with the recipe though. The sugar will not just melt and become caramel. I'm not an experienced baker and I trusted the recipe and ended up with hard sugar stuck to my pot. LO...morelove2cookmb in Morris Plains loved it