Turkey Pasta Casserole With Asparagus and Cheddar CheeseFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 8 ounces mini penne pasta or similar shape shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning blend, or to taste shopping list
- cooked asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces, about 2 cups shopping list
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta in boiling water following package directions.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter; add bell pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add garlic and green onion; sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Stir in chicken broth, cooking until thickened.
- Stir in milk; continue cooking, stirring frequently, until thickened and hot.
- Add seasonings, asparagus, and turkey; heat through.
- Stir in cheese and cook until melted.
- Stir in the cooked drained pasta and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
FAB-U-LOUS!!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This is good yeah cher
Deltadeltadarling in Metairie loved it
Fantasictoon in Birmingham loved it