Mexican Pork ChopsFrom heidigoseek 10 years ago
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups salsa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cumin and chili powder; rub over both sides of pork. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, cocoa and cinnamon; pour over pork. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender, turning chops once and stirring sauce occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onion.