Cube Steak ParmesanFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 6 4-ounce cube steaks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/3 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed shopping list
- ½ teaspoon basil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 ¼ teaspoons white sugar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ teaspoon oregano, divided shopping list
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, halved shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and water with a fork.
- In a third bowl, or shallow dish, mix together the cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge the cube steaks in the seasoned flour, dip into the egg mixture, and coat with the cracker crumb mixture.
- Place them in the skillet, and fry just until browned on each side. Arrange steaks in a single layer in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the tomato sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, and garlic powder.
- Spoon over steaks when the 25 minutes are up.
- Top each steak with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese; sprinkle remaining oregano over the top.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and the sauce is hot.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Scrumptious JM! :)noir in Boston loved it
Wow, how did I miss this one?! We had cube steak last night or I'd be getting the ingredients out right now!modelsmom in Worcester loved it
We had this the other night & I wish I'd doubled the recipe - they inhaled it & wanted more! I'll be making this one again & again, thanks a lot.modelsmom in Worcester loved it