Rum BallsFrom bitsyskitchen 6 years ago
- 3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 75) shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (about 4 oz.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup light rum shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- granulated or powdered sugar for rolling balls shopping list
How to make it
- Mix crushed wafers, powdered sugar, nuts and cocoa. Stir in rum and corn syrup.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Refrigerate in tightly covered wax paper lined container several days before serving.
- About 5 dozen candies
- *Bourban balls: substitute 1/2 cup bourbon for the rum.
- *Brandy balls: substitute 1/2 cup brandy for the rum.