Creamy Date CakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- 1 Pack vanilla cake box shopping list
- 1 (310 grams) can sweetened condensed milk. shopping list
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped (you can use any other fruit you like) shopping list
- 1/3 cup whipping cream + 2 tbsp icing sugar, whipped together. shopping list
- 4 tbsp caramel sauce (follow the caramel topping recipe from shopping list
- my chocolate flan recipe) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.Grease a 22cm loose bottom pie pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Make the cake batter as directed on the back of the pack and use half of it and pour in the pie pan.( The rest of the batter will be sufficient to make a 20cm vanilla sponge cake, suitable for many different cake recipes).Bake for 30 minutes. Take out of oven
- and gently pierce all the cake with a fork. Pour half of the sweetened condensed milk over the cake and keep the remaining of the can for another use. Cover loosely with a foil paper and chill for 20 minutes. Make sure the foil paper doesn’t touch the surface. It is still sticky.
- Sprinkle the chopped dates or any other fruits of your choice over the top. Press over them with a metal spatula .Spread whipped cream over the chopped dates.Dizzle caramel sauce with a tablespoon over the cream with any shape you prefer and serve. Can be kept
- In the refrigerator for 2 days.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating7 people
This looks truly wonderful, thank you so much for sharing it. I can taste it already!!!organicmama in loved it
Oh Ahmed... this is just wrong. Very, very wrong... Honestly, I'm just teasing and your recipe looks divine! Thank you Ahmed for sharing with all of us.lor in Toronto loved it
What else can I say? I wish I had this in front of me right now!This sounds great!
Yes Berry,I love this recipe.ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!