The Vegan Chocoholics Flourless TorteFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup vegan stick margarine shopping list
- 1 lb 70% or higher quality chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee shopping list
- 18.5 oz lite silken tofu (such as Mori-Nu) shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tbsp cold water shopping list
- ¾ cup cane sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and line the bottom of a 9” spring-form pan with parchment, wrap in heavy-duty foil and set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the margarine, chocolate and coffee.
- Melt, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, cornstarch, water and vanilla until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Beat in sugar until well blended, then add chocolate mixture and combine thoroughly, taking care not to beat air into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and rap sharply on the counter top 4-5 times to dissipate air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour in a prepared water bath, and cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove the sides of the pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Health Food Junkies423 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Party Food316 members