Easy 3 Hour Pot RoastFrom chuck1967 6 years ago
- 2 1/2lb to 4 1/2lb Round sirloin Tip or chuck roast shopping list
- 8 to 10 carrots peeled and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 6 to 8 potatoes cut into quarters shopping list
- 4 to 6 celery Stalks cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 Large onion Diced shopping list
- 1 Package onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 Cup flour for gravy shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon each of salt, pepper and garlic powder shopping list
- olive oil or vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil the roast until it's completely covered then use salt, pepper and garlic powder covering the entire roast.
- In a large pot or roasting pan that can be covered, put roast in oven uncovered for 1 hour and remove.
- Add diced onions and celery around roast. In a bowl or pitcher of water add the onion soup mix and stir until dissolved, add to roast and completely cover vegetables with water. Put the roast covered back into oven for 1 hour and remove.
- Add carrots and potatoes around roast and add enough water to cover vegetables. Raise temperature of oven to 375 degrees and return covered pan to oven. Cook for 45 minutes or until vegetables are done. Remove from oven.
- Remove roast from pan and put on serving tray for cutting. Remove vegetables and put in serving bowl. Mix flour into 2 cups of water and add to stock left in pan briskly stirring with wire whip over medium heat until thickened.
- Cut roast into thin slices and put on plates, add vegetables and use gravy over meat and vegetables and enjoy!