Apple PieFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
How to make it
- I use a store bought pie dough Pillsbury is my favorite - saves time and is inexpensive. Allow pie crusts to come to room temperature before unrolling onto your pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel your apples and place in a bowl of ice water with 3 tbsps of lemon juice added - this is to keep the apples from turning brown.
- Mix together your sugar, cornstratch, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Roll your dough into the pie plate, arrange apples, top with sugar mixtures making sure to spread evenly over entire surface.
- With a pastry brush moisten the edges of the crust and place the second dough on top. Press your edges together and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. To prevent the crust from burning place tin foil around the edges of the pie for the first 25 minutes of your bake time.
- Cool and serve
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating5 people
love apple pie thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This pie has great flavor. I found the filling to be a little "juicy," but thats a personal preference. I like a thicker filling.niccole2 in Walland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!