Bean SoupFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 c dried small white (navy) beans pick over; discard damaged shopping list
- 3 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 sweet yellow onion; minced shopping list
- 1 Carrot; wash; finely chopped shopping list
- 1 celery stalk; finely chopped shopping list
- 1 t Fresh rosemary; minced shopping list
- 7 c chicken or vegetable stock or water shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 c Parmesan; freshly grated shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the beans in lots of water for at least three hours. Drain.
- Cook the onion, carrot and celery in heated oil for about 10 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and rosemary and cook for 3 minutes. Add the beans and stock, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until tender - about an hour and a half. Cool slightly.
- Place one-third of the bean mixture in a blender or processor and puree until smooth. Return to soup and reheat. Adjust seasonings.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with cheese and serve at once.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
This does sound hardy, thanks for sharing!organicmama in loved it
Sunny you dear woman I LOVE bean soup and this recipe look fantastic!! I am definately going to try this one tomorrow ....seeing we now have snow and Ice this will be great for the cold days ahead......Thank youcaramia in loved it
Wonderful recipe! My Mother makes a similar version but she adds 1 cup of tomato sauce. I'm not sure if that's necessary. I Love the addition of Rosemary.rml in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!