Pumpkin WafflesFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 4 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin shopping list
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices.
- Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl with milk, pumpkin, and butter until smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients just until smooth.
- using an electric mixer beat egg whites until they hold soft peaks. Folk them gently into the waffle batter, until just combined.
- Spray waffle iron with butter spray or lighty brush with oil and spoon batter into waffle iron, spreading quickly. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer waffles to rack in oven pre heated to 250 to keep warm and crisp. Make more waffles in same manner.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
Sunny this sounds wonderful....I made pumpkin bread with my pumpkin... of course it came out of a can... LOL...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I bought extra pumpkin because I found organic pumpkin puree at my grocery store and am really glad I did. I have a pancake mix from Bobs Red-mill farms and mixed some pumpkin puree in- about like this. Just easier. :)
Great breakfast reci...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
Oh yummy, I should have kept my extra pumpkin. I think some whipped cream would be great on top! Love it!organicmama in loved it