Pumpkin WafflesFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 4 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin shopping list
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices.
- Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl with milk, pumpkin, and butter until smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients just until smooth.
- using an electric mixer beat egg whites until they hold soft peaks. Folk them gently into the waffle batter, until just combined.
- Spray waffle iron with butter spray or lighty brush with oil and spoon batter into waffle iron, spreading quickly. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer waffles to rack in oven pre heated to 250 to keep warm and crisp. Make more waffles in same manner.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
Oh yummy, I should have kept my extra pumpkin. I think some whipped cream would be great on top! Love it!organicmama in loved it
I bought extra pumpkin because I found organic pumpkin puree at my grocery store and am really glad I did. I have a pancake mix from Bobs Red-mill farms and mixed some pumpkin puree in- about like this. Just easier. :)
Great breakfast reci...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
Sunny this sounds wonderful....I made pumpkin bread with my pumpkin... of course it came out of a can... LOL...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it