Hollandaise SauceFrom unswissmiss 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a glass heatproof bowl or top of double boiler, beat together egg yolks, cream, and vinegar.
- Stir in salt and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Place over a pot of simmering water, not touching the water. If the water boils, that would cook the yolks, so keep some cold water on hand to pour in, in case it threatens to overheat.
- Stir the yolks with a wire whisk until the mixture thickens and takes on a cream-like consistency.
- Whisk in the pieces of butter one by one, making sure each piece is melted and incorporated before adding the next.
- While continuing to whisk, add lemon juice.
- Remove bowl from heat. If not using immediately, place in a pan of warm water and cover with aluminum foil.