Nut Goodie Candy BarsFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- --------FOR ONE 13x9-INCH PAN OF CANDY, ABOUT 5 LBS. ----------- shopping list
- 1 package ( 12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups creamy or chunky peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 package ( 1 lb.) powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 lb. ( 3 1/2 cups) dry roasted, salted mixed nuts or salted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl placed over hot water. Stir in peanut butter. Spread half the mixture in a 13 x 9-inch pan. chill until firm.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, cornstarch, mil and nonfat dry milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring. Boil 1 minute until thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth and creamy, use an electric mixer, if you wish. Add coconut.
- Spread over chilled chocolate layer in pan.
- Add nuts to remaining melted chocolate. Spread nut-chocolate mixture over the creamy layer.
- Chill 1 hour until firm. Cut into 1-inch squares for cookie-candy holiday tray, or into 1-by-2-inch pieces for snacks
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating3 people
OMG, does that ever sound wonderful, wish I had some now. Bookmarking it to make, it's very pretty too, great post.henrie in Savannah loved it