Saucy Chicken BakeFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 oz each ) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water. Mix well.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and pepper; cook for 1 minute. Place chicken in a 13-x-9-inch baking dish.
- Add wine, mushrooms, green onion, thyme and paprika to skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring, until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken in dish. Cover with foil and bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.