Carrot CakeFrom ktalaska 7 years ago
- 2C all purpose flour shopping list
- 2C sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon (or maybe a bit more; be generous) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1.25C vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 standard size bag of carrots (1lb?), grated shopping list
- cream cheese frosting, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pans for baking (oil and flour, or baking cups). Personally, I usually make cupcakes -- one pan of 24 mini muffins and 6-12 full size muffins. Using three loaf pans is another good alternative; the recipe I started from recommends a bundt pan.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Mix in the oil and then the eggs, one at a time. (I use my stand mixer, but this is not totally necessary.)
- Finally, mix in the carrots. (I shred them in the food processor.)
- Pour into pans and bake. My cupcakes normally take about 30 minutes. Loaf pans -- closer to 40. With a bundt pan, an hour is recommended. The toothpick test will tell you when they're done.
The Cookktalaska Ann Arbor, MI
The Rating7 people
This seems like a lot of sugar! I used only 1 & 1/2 cups because I know the carrots are naturally sweet...and also I added 1/2 cup of applesauce to make the cake more moist. We'll see what happens! :)mads in Dearborn loved it
Made this for my husband's birthday on May 30th. It was easy(for me) to make and my family was extremely impressed. This is going to be the "go to" recipe for all future carrot cakes.
Oh yeah, the frosting is INCREDIBLE!!!!sunsetat6 in Dana Point loved it
This was wonderful...it's a keeper!!!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!