Hardees Cinnamon Raisin BiscuitsFrom tuilelaith 9 years ago
- 4 cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup shortening - that's Crisco, or oil shopping list
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, if using self rising flour this may be omitted or halved shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Blend in shortening with a fork until mixture is fine.
- Add milk and stir until just mixed.
- Add raisins and mix.
- Add cinnamon and mix until swirled through batter.
- Do not mix batter any more than you have to.
- Scrape batter onto well floured surface.
- Flour top and pat down with hands until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with 2-inch cutter and place on greased baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes Until golden brown.
- Frost with powdered sugar icing.
- Makes about 24 biscuits.