Rockin Beer Cheese SoupFrom mrspotatohead 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced onions shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer shopping list
- 3 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 ounces) shopping list
- popped popcorn (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large soup pot;; saute onion until soft.
- Blend in flour and seasonings; gradually stir in broth, milk and beer. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese; heat and stir until smooth.
- Ladle into soup cups or bowls.
- Garnish with popcorn
People Who Like This Dish 10
- EpicuriouslySheryl St. Charles, Missouri
- 3gdogs Nowhere, Us
- littlebrowngirl Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- imhungry Northern, OH
- tnjazmyn Manchester, TN
- kel888 Iowa City, IA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating1 people
This is one of my favorite soups of all time. Will be making this again very soon. Just enough spice to be extra flavorful without causing indigestion! And if it has beer in it, hubby will eat it....lol.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!