Stuffed Ground Beef RollsFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (you can also ground turkey or chicken ) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 package (3oz) cream cheese with chives or pimiento shopping list
- flour to coat rolls shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or consomme (chicken broth if you use chicken or turkey) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, blend ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and water; mixture will feel quite moist.
- Cut a strip of wax paper, 20 inches long; moisten top side. Form a 4-inch wide strip of the meat mixture the length of e wax paper.
- Cut cream cheese into 8 sticks. Place them along the length of the ground beef, end to end. Roll up. Pick up waxed paper to help to lift the meat over the cream cheese filling; you'll form a lengthwise roll. Cut into 8 pieces crosswise.
- Dust each piece with lour on all sides. Heat 2 tablespoons butter i frying pan. Brown rolls on all sides; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes. Remove onto warm plate. Stir flour into pan drippings.
- Slowly add the broth, whisking to keep sauce smooth. Cook until thickened. Stir in sour cream and tarragon. Pour sauce over rolls.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating6 people
This was awsome! DH loved it's a family favorite now. Thanks!gail2293 in Buffalo loved it
A very unique recipe. I will be making this soon.
Flaged the photo and recipe.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it