Caramel Candy BarsFrom michellem 8 years ago
- 14 oz. pkg. caramel candies shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups quick-cooking or regular oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 t. soda shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 6 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chololate chips shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or dry roasted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Grease rectangular pan(13x9x2).
- Heat candies and milk in a 2 qt. saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth; remove from heat.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in margarine with fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbly mixture in pan.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Take out of the oven.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts;drizzle with caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture over top.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 min.
- Cool for 30 min.
- Loosen edges from sides of pan, cool completely.( you may want to loosen your waistband on your pants too)+))
- Cut into bars about 2"x1".
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating6 people
I need more than the title, I need the candy! Oh yummy!organicmama in loved it
Oh Michelle, you're really trying to fatten me up today, aren't you? Like I need help...
These sound right up my sweet-tooth alley. Another one printed out...somebody save me from myself!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Oh yummers Michelle... I know... exercise and I can eat more.... hahahahazena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it