Orange Butter Cookies Dipped in ChocolateFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 cups white flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- white sugar (for dipping the glass in to flatten the cookies before baking) shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 4 tablespoons solid shortening (like Crisco – trans-fat free…you could try substituting butter, but I have never tried that so I don’t know if it would work as well) shopping list
How to make it
- For the cookies, beat together sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Beat in the extract, egg and orange peel.
- Stir in remaining cookie ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place them 2-inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in white sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes, just until the cookies begin to brown very lightly around the edges.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on racks or waxed paper.
- When cookies are cool, dip ½ of each cookie into the glaze and lay on waxed paper to allow the glaze to set up and harden.
- Store in air-tight container, using waxed paper to separate layers – this will prevent the chocolate glaze from sticking to the other cookies.
- To make the glaze, place the chocolate chips in a narrow, deep microwaveable bowl (I use a 4 cup glass measuring cup for this).
- Add corn syrup and shortening to bowl.
- Microwave glaze for 45 seconds.
- Depending on the power of your microwave, continue to microwave 15 seconds at a time until you can stir the glaze and all the chocolate is melted.
- NOTE: If you have never melted chocolate in the microwave, you must be VERY careful not to overheat it or the chocolate will form into a massive grainy, hard mess and it will have to be thrown out! Continue to microwave 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until all the chocolate is melted and the glaze is smooth.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
These look so good. Great post!sunny in Portland loved it
...and again :) Drooling in the keyboard... :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Duck is gonna LOVE this!!!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!