Turkey Pot PieFrom awadswo 6 years ago
- 4 cups of canned chicken broth or 4 cups of turkey stock (see Cream of turkey Soup recipe) shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 package pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets shopping list
- 2 lbs chopped turkey shopping list
- 1 large baker potato (pre-baked for 45 min at 350) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots (boiled for 2 min in microwave to soften) shopping list
- 1 med large chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the vegetables.
- Start baking the potato and boil the carrots.
- Bring the broth or stock to a simmer in a large saucepan.
- As stock is heating up, melt the butter over low heat in a second large saucepan.
- Add the flour and whisk for two to three minutes.
- Pour in the simmering stock, whisking to blend in all of the flour and butter mixture.
- Continue stirring until the stock begins simmering again.
- Add the chopped turkey and mixed vegetables to the thickened broth and return to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Pre-heat the oven to 415°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheets and roll out to smooth them.
- Prep 4 6” deep-dish pie tins with tops set to side.
- Divide the turkey mixture between four, 6-inch pie pans or ramekins
- Cover with the pastry rounds, and if desired, decorate top with extra pastry.
- Crimp or flute the pastry around the edges.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until golden brown.