Baked Chilies Stuffed with CornFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 medium white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated farmers cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated dry jack cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 6 large poblano chilies roasted and carefully peeled without tearing shopping list
- 4 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat then sauté onion for 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add corn, salt and pepper then sauté 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool then stir in the cheeses and oregano and set aside.
- Carefully slit the chilies lengthwise and remove the seeds and veins leaving the stems and tops intact.
- Stuff chilies with corn mixture.
- Spread rice in a shallow baking dish then nestle chilies in the rice in a single layer.
- Pour cream and milk over all then transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!