German Puff Pancakes with Spiced ApplesFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- You will need #12- 12 oz. individual soufflé/serving bowls (High temperature Oven-Proof) shopping list
- Ingredients: egg Mixture shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 9 eggs shopping list
- 3 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- apple Mixture shopping list
- 7 medium apples (any variety-mixed red and green look more attractive) shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. each cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup mincemeat (dried condensed/canned) shopping list
- 4 tbs. butter/margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- Extras... shopping list
- 12 pats of butter/margarine shopping list
- ground nutmeg for garnish shopping list
- whipped topping for garnish shopping list
- 12 sliced apple wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Directions: Whip milk, flour, eggs and vanilla. Set aside. Place pat of butter in each bowl. Preheat bowls in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until butter is popping hot. In the meantime, cut apples into chunks and place in frypan with butter. Cook for 15 minutes or until apples are moderately soft. Add a bit of water if apples become too dry while cooking.
- When cooked, add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, brown sugar and mincemeat to apples. Continue cooking another 5-10 minutes or until well mixed and hot. When butter in dishes is popping hot, add an even measurement of pancake batter to each dish. Turn up oven to 425 degrees for 10 minutes then back down to 400 for another 5 minutes or until pancakes are puffed up and slightly brown on edges.
- Remove from oven, place an even measure of apples in center of each pancake. Top with dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with fresh nutmeg. Place a wedge of apple on top as garnish and serve on a cloth doily on plate. Be careful, these are extremely hot and may crack plates if doilies are not used! Can also be made in a large iron skillet and cut into wedges and served on a plate, if desired.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!