Twice Baked White Cheddar Sage PotatoesFrom syrus 9 years ago
How to make it
- Place each potato in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until yielding depending on oven and size of potato. Do not poke holes in them you need the skin intact.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop as much of the meat out without damaging skin.
- Lay the hollowed skins on a sheet tray and the innards into a stand mixer bowl.
- Add the cream, butter, sage, 10 oz of the white cheddar to the potato and mix with the paddle.
- Taste it and add salt and pepper. Or more butter depending on your potato size.
- Do not overwork the potatoes when they are creamy stop!
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag or ziplock bag and pipe into the individual skins. Just enough to level.
- Even out any gaps in the potatoes.
- Cover each potato with the remaining cheddar.
- This is when you can hold them for up to a day.
- When ready place them in a 375 degree oven until melted. Then use the broiler to make them golden. Switching to the broiler will help the potatoes say moist.