Grilled Jack Daniels SalmonFrom pat2me 9 years ago
- 2 salmon fillets (enough for 3 to 4 servings. 6-8 oz each) shopping list
- 1/2 c Jack Daniels Whiskey shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- aluminum foil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine Jack Daniels, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, & ginger.
- Bring to boiling.
- Lower heat to medium setting, continually stirring mixture until liquid is thickened and caramelized.
- Remove from heat. Salt and pepper the salmon fillets.
- Create a foil platter for your Salmon to grill upon by folding all 4 edges of the foil such that it creates a 1/2" lip around the platter.
- Place fillets skin side down on foil and grill on a low heat setting. Brush Jack sauce on fillets.
- Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Flip the Salmon fillets; the skin should stick to the foil platter.
- Continue to baste fillets with the caramelized Jack sauce about every 3 minutes until fillets are cooked thoroughly.
- (About 15 minutes or until Salmon has a light pink color in the middle.)
- Serve immediately
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating7 people
Saved! Way too Yum! Did you know there is a complete Jack Daniels Cookbook? I bought it!
It really is a good one too. I gotta try this soon. We love salmon here. Another 5!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
This sounds EXCELLENT!! Can't wait to try it for the up coming holiday weekend. Thanksepqueen in East Peoria loved it
I've added one step to your recipe Pat...increase the Jack Daniels to one cup, and use 1/2 cup for marinating yourself during the grilling process..ha ha....I've tried this same thing with chicken, steak and grilled veggies...I mean the marinating th...moreeeks in Gulfcoast loved it