Easy Porcupine Meatballs And PotatoesFrom rebeccalea 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef - thawed shopping list
- 3/4 to 1 c. Instant white rice shopping list
- 1 small onion chopped shopping list
- 1 can tomato soup shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 1 med. can tomato sauce (or) 2 sm. cans shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- Optional - extra basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, etc. shopping list
- Optional - 1 egg shopping list
- mashed potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- In dutch oven, add tomato soup, water and tomato sauce and cook on medium until boiling.
- In seperate bowl, mix beef, rice, onion, all seasoning, and egg (optional to hold meat together better). I just use my hands to mix all this. Roll into 1 inch meatballs and lightly drop into tomato mixture upon boiling.
- Put pan on low simmer with meatballs in it. Stir occasionally to make sure nothing is sticking to bottom of pan. If it is, turn the temp down a little more. (This will burn if it gets too hot.) Check after 30 minutes. If not done, check every 5-10 minutes to see if meat is done.
- Once cooked, pour sauce and meatballs over a warm bed of mashed potatoes. Apparently that's how they ate them down south! :) One of my favorites!
The Cookrebeccalea Fremont, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!