Spinach Salad With Blue Cheese Warm Bacon Vinaigrette N Whole Grain CroutonsFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 12 slices bacon shopping list
- 2 shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain seasoned croutons OR pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Caesar Croutons shopping list
- 3 pkg. (6 oz. each) baby spinach leaves, washed (about 18 cups) shopping list
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) crumbled blue cheese (about 2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- COOK bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Chop coarsely.
- ADD shallots to hot pan drippings and cook over medium heat until translucent. Remove from heat and whisk in vinegar, oil and black pepper. Add croutons and toss to coat. Cover to keep warm.
- PLACE spinach, red onion and cheese in large bowl. Pour crouton mixture over the spinach. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Well Joymarie you have posted one of my favorite salads of summer.
Thank you and High Five
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I make something very similar to this -- It's fantastic :) Thanks for another great post, Mystic :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
I love the sound of this..thanks..Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it