German PfeffernusseFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1/2 lb. butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds (ground in nut grinder or food shopping list
- processor) shopping list
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel or mixed candied fruit shopping list
- 1 lemon rind, grated, plus the juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. cardamom shopping list
How to make it
- Mix butter and sugar to creamy stage.
- Then slowly add the juice from one lemon and the grated rind and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold the ingredients together.
- Either roll into 3/4-inch balls or drop by a teaspoon onto a cookie
- Bake in a preheated 300° F oven for approximately 12 - 15 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar while they are warm.
- Store in tight covered cookie tins, or in a tight covered container
- in the freezer.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
This does sound wonderful, thank you!organicmama in loved it
These are super good cookies. Thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh, this one reminds me of snow and Christmas tree, great flavors!elgab89 in Toronto loved it