German PfeffernusseFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb. butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds (ground in nut grinder or food shopping list
- processor) shopping list
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel or mixed candied fruit shopping list
- 1 lemon rind, grated, plus the juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. cardamom shopping list
How to make it
- Mix butter and sugar to creamy stage.
- Then slowly add the juice from one lemon and the grated rind and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold the ingredients together.
- Either roll into 3/4-inch balls or drop by a teaspoon onto a cookie
- Bake in a preheated 300° F oven for approximately 12 - 15 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar while they are warm.
- Store in tight covered cookie tins, or in a tight covered container
- in the freezer.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
YUM! You have my "five" on this recipe! Thanks to your recipes, the holidays are going to taste better this year!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Oh, this one reminds me of snow and Christmas tree, great flavors!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
These are super good cookies. Thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it