Mocha Brazilian TorteFrom iffyo 6 years ago
- For the mocha sponge shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 200 gm sugar shopping list
- 15 gm gelatine shopping list
- 80 ml water shopping list
- 200 gm refined flour shopping list
- 30 gm cocoa powder shopping list
- 10 gm baking powder shopping list
- 50 ml refined oil shopping list
- 10 ml vanilla essence shopping list
- For the meringue shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 115 gm caster sugar shopping list
- 15 gm instant coffee powder shopping list
- For the chocolate icing shopping list
- 175 gm plain chocolate shopping list
- 30 ml coffee essence (dissolve 10 gm instant coffee powder in 3 ml water) shopping list
- For the garnish shopping list
- 400 ml fresh cream shopping list
- 150 ml sugar syrup shopping list
- 225 gm chocolate flakes shopping list
How to make it
- For the mocha sponge
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, gel, water, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the oil and the vanilla essence to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch cake pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pan, and cool to room temperature.
- For the meringue
- Whip the sugar, egg white, and coffee powder for about 5-6 minutes.
- Fill into a piping bag (8 inch wide bag-available in stores).
- Spoon out the meringue from the piping bag with a spatula on to a greased baking tray and pat down into a ½-inch thick and 8-inch wide circle (like a chapatti).
- Bake in an open oven at 100° C for 2 hours, until the meringue turns completely dry and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and cool to room temperature.
- To assemble
- Cut the mocha sponge into two layers and place the meringue disc between the layers.
- Then, layer the chocolate sponge with the chocolate icing covering the top and the sides of the cake completely
- For the chocolate icing
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Mix in the coffee essence.
- Gently beat the cream for five minutes and add it to the above mixture.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
The Cookiffyo IN
The Rating5 people
I agree with everyone. This sounds wonderful & I'll be baking this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing. Briannabrianna in loved it
Deadly and delicious! You should should rename the recipe! Ohhhhhh boy, this sounds so good. I just gained 20 pounds thinking about this one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I love Tortes, as a child growing up we didn't have a lot of money so really what I looked forward to every year was the special torte we would get on Christmas. Lovely picture, and post.invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!