Mocha Brazilian TorteFrom iffyo 6 years ago
- For the mocha sponge shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 200 gm sugar shopping list
- 15 gm gelatine shopping list
- 80 ml water shopping list
- 200 gm refined flour shopping list
- 30 gm cocoa powder shopping list
- 10 gm baking powder shopping list
- 50 ml refined oil shopping list
- 10 ml vanilla essence shopping list
- For the meringue shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 115 gm caster sugar shopping list
- 15 gm instant coffee powder shopping list
- For the chocolate icing shopping list
- 175 gm plain chocolate shopping list
- 30 ml coffee essence (dissolve 10 gm instant coffee powder in 3 ml water) shopping list
- For the garnish shopping list
- 400 ml fresh cream shopping list
- 150 ml sugar syrup shopping list
- 225 gm chocolate flakes shopping list
How to make it
- For the mocha sponge
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, gel, water, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the oil and the vanilla essence to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch cake pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pan, and cool to room temperature.
- For the meringue
- Whip the sugar, egg white, and coffee powder for about 5-6 minutes.
- Fill into a piping bag (8 inch wide bag-available in stores).
- Spoon out the meringue from the piping bag with a spatula on to a greased baking tray and pat down into a ½-inch thick and 8-inch wide circle (like a chapatti).
- Bake in an open oven at 100° C for 2 hours, until the meringue turns completely dry and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and cool to room temperature.
- To assemble
- Cut the mocha sponge into two layers and place the meringue disc between the layers.
- Then, layer the chocolate sponge with the chocolate icing covering the top and the sides of the cake completely
- For the chocolate icing
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Mix in the coffee essence.
- Gently beat the cream for five minutes and add it to the above mixture.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
The Cookiffyo IN
The Rating5 people
great posting !!! once again.........
enjoy your day
mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
You got me now! Wonderful!!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
I love Tortes, as a child growing up we didn't have a lot of money so really what I looked forward to every year was the special torte we would get on Christmas. Lovely picture, and post.invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!