Grandmothers Summer SausageFrom scarletcape 7 years ago
- 2 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 T meat curing salt blend shopping list
- 2 T liquid smoke shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 T mustard seed shopping list
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/3 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 T brown sugar shopping list
- 4 to 6 tsp cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the first 11 ingredients. Mix well. You will have to use your hands to blend the ingredients well.
- Divide into 3 logs.
- Coat shaped logs with cracked pepper if desired.
- Wrap logs in Saran wrap and chill for 24 hours.
- Remove Saran wrap and place logs on baking rack at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool and rewrap logs in aluminum foil and refrigerate.
- Meat will be red in color.
- Slice thin.
- Keeps well.
- Look for meat curing salt in seasoning or canning section of your grocery store.
The Cookscarletcape Small Town USA, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!