German Sausage Apples And Red CabbageFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
- 4 T bacon drippings shopping list
- 2 T sugar shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 C red cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 2 green apples, sliced shopping list
- 2 T vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 6 Links German sausage shopping list
- stock, and/or red wine, optional shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat drippings in a large skillet; add sugar and stir until browned.
- Add onion and cook slowly until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients laying sausage on top of the cabbage. Cook slowly 45 minutes to one hour. Add a little stock, and/or red wine as necessary to keep from sticking.
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
The Rating5 people
Oh this sounds wonderful, love all the ingredients, great post, thank you.henrie in Savannah loved it
this is sooo like my kinda food..comfort food..Thanks so muchpaprikamama in Lake Mary loved it
I make something very close to this, and love it! Great post, thanks Smurfetta :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!