Crockpot Chicken StewFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
- 1 whole chicken, washed shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 lg whole onion, large dice shopping list
- 1 small pkg frozen okra shopping list
- 1 small pkg frozen corn shopping list
- 1 small pkg fresh baby carrots shopping list
- 2 small turnips, peeled and 1" dice shopping list
- 1 lg cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- Homemade biscuits. shopping list
How to make it
- Place 1/2 cup of chicken broth into your crockpot and preheat on high for about 5 minutes
- In a saucepan, bring remaining chicken broth to a boil.
- Add whole chicken and diced onion to the crockpot, cover and cook on high appx. 3 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the crockpot and add the remaining vegetables.
- Let the chicken cool until it can be easily handeled with out burning yourself. (you can put it in the freezer to speed up the cooling process).
- Once you have deboned the chicken, (make it BIG chunks or whole pieces) add it back to the crockpot.
- Stew is ready to have the broth thickened when the veggies are done. I use a combination of cornstarch & broth.
- The okra also acts as a thickening agent.
- Serve with biscuits.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!