Chocolate ZabaglioneFrom cheftom 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large glass mixing bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk the egg yolks and superfine sugar together until you have a very pale mixture.
- Grate the chocolate finely and fold into the egg mixture.
- Fold the Marsala wine into the chocolate mixture.
- Put the mixture over a pan of gently simmering water and set the electric whisk on the lowest speed or change to a hand-held balloon whisk. Cook, whisking continuously until the mixture thickens; take care not to overcook or the mixture will curdle.
- Spoon the hot mixture into 4 warmed glass dishes or large coffee cups. Serve the Zabaglione as soon as possible so that it is warm, light, and fluffy accompanied by amaretti cookies.
- Cooking Tips
- Make the dessert just before serving as it will separate if you let it stand. If it begins to curdle, remove it from the heat immediately and put it into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Whisk furiously until the mixture comes together.